Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Other Coco


Coco is an It Girl...well almost!


I have been characterised a great many things but my marvellous self was not included in the October It Girl issue of Nylon magazine.
 
Sigh. Maybe next year. 








          The Coco in question is Coco Sumner; Sting’s daughter.  

Being the child of someone famous helps when acquiring the It Girl status, as does buckets of indie like style, photogenic cool friends and model thin looks. 








After reading Coco Sumner’s little Q&A in Nylon I discovered we have a few things in common:

  • First of all we’re both fashion magazine darlings; she is praised and photographed in them and I like to read them.
  • We both have fathers with whiny annoying voices.
  • She loves Ian Dury and I loathe Jamie Dury.
  • We both take ages to get ready in the morning – she has dyspraxia and I suffer from severe indecisiveness.
  • Our rooms are both messy with boxes and guitars lying about, she lives above a bar and I literally have one outside my bedroom door. This is comforting when I come back from my AA meetings.
  • She classifies her occupation as a musician and I'm going out with a musician who occupies me.


Coco Sumner seems cool, the kind of girl you can have a couple of pints with at the pub but her music taste downright sucks! 




I lost interest when Phil Collins was mentioned.

She has an album out soon called The Constant; her band is I Blame Coco.

You can check out Coco Sumner's myspace and website: 


http://www.myspace.com/iblamecoco

http://iblamecoco.co.uk/

Let’s hope her music is somewhat decent, listenable even.  

In the mean time you can just shop Coco:


http://shop.ebay.com.au/ishopcoco/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Yes, I have items on ebay for auction - vintage stuff, new stuff, books, kitschy items, cool accessories, knick knacks, an eclectic mix of things that have caught my eye and like somewhat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment